And now you have the flu.
You're experiencing some or all of these symptoms:
* Fever of 100°F or higher
* Body or muscle aches
* Feeling tired, weak, or like you're going to die
* Sore throat
* Runny or stuffy nose
* Stomach symptoms (mostly in children)
Generally the symptom of high fever is indicative of the flu. Here's a helpful flowchart to help determine if you have the flu versus a regular cold: LINK
Here's some important things to have on hand to help you get over the flu:
* Fever reducers such as acetaminophen (for example, Tylenol®) or ibuprofen (for example, Advil® or Motrin®)
* Cough drops or cough syrup
* Drinks: water, fruit juices, soda, tea, or fluids with electrolytes (Gatorade® or Pedialyte®). Avoid caffeine.
* Light foods: clear soups, crackers, and applesauce
* Blankets or warm covers
* Face masks and disposable gloves
If these symptoms persist for 48 hours, call your health care provider:
* Not able to drink enough fluids. Dark urine or feeling dizzy when standing are signs of not enough fluids.
* Fever of 100°F or higher for 3 or more days
* Feels better, then gets a fever or sore throat again
Get medical treatment RIGHT AWAY if you experience any of these issues:
Shortness of breath or wheezing
* Coughing up blood
* Pain or pressure in chest when breathing
* Chest pain, especially if have heart disease like angina or congestive heart failure
* Trouble with balance, walking or sitting up, or becoming confused
See this LINK for more information.
* Get a damn flu shot