Saturday, December 17, 2016

Yap Yap Yap

I'm alone on a Saturday. Most of the time it's not too bad except today has been a bear... an absolute BEAR. I'm three hours into the shift without a break of any kind and then finally... a few moments of peace.

I heat up my meal in the microwave and sit down to eat. Ah, I'm so hungry. I want to enjoy a moment with my savory salisbury steak.


And then she's there. Candy Patterson. ANNOYING Candy Patterson who always wants to talk to me about what she's having for dinner or the latest test scores of her high schoolers or something else I have no interest in whatsoever.

"Whatcha doin?" she yaps.

"Having lunch. I haven't eaten all day and I'm really hungry, Candy."

"Well come over here because I have a pharmacy question."

Really? This better be good.

I get up and walk over to the counter. I give her my full attention while my meal's temperature starts to drop.

"How many milligrams are in baby aspirin?" she asks.

"81mg," I respond quickly, turning to go back to my meal.

"That's what I thought," she replies... but before I can go, Candy starts in on some nonsense I don't want to know. She used the aspirin question as a reason to engage the pharmacist then this poor lonely lady started yapping again. I'm sure she gets absolutely no stimulating conversation from her husband, but I really want to each my lunch.

By the time she's done blabbing, I step back to my meal, which is now stone cold. I stick it back in the microwave but never get back to it as the pharmacy started getting busy again.

And that really sucks.

No comments: