Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ring ring...

Ring, ring, ring

"Hello, thank you for calling the pharmacy.  This is CrazyRxMan.  How may I help you?"

"How much is a postage stamp?"

"This is the pharmacy."

"Well, don't YOU know?  You send out a lot of letters, don't you?!"

"Ma'am, I'm trying to fill prescriptions.  I'm sure the post office would be happy to..."

Lady hangs up...  <CLICK>

Ring, ring...

"Hello, thank you for calling the pharmacy.  This is CrazyRxMan.  How may I help you?"

SAME LADY as postage stamp lady: "Is the meat on sale today?"

"Ma'am, this is the pharmacy.  I don't know what's on sale in the grocery today..."

Lady hangs up...  <CLICK>

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring  (we're really busy)....

"Hello, thank you for calling the pharmacy.  This is CrazyRxMan.  How may I help you?"

"What's the maximum amount I can put on a gift card?"

"Sir, this is the pharmacy.  I don't know the answer to your question but I'm sure customer service could answer your question.  Let me transfer you to them."

<Transfer to Customer Service>

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, freaking ring

"Hello, thank you for calling the pharmacy.  This is CrazyRxMan.  How may I help you?"

"How much is this prescription for Singulair going to cost me?"

"Ma'am, I can only give you the cash price.  I don't know what your insurance will charge as a co-pay..."

Ring, ring -- it's the guy I transferred to customer service ringing back

Lady cuts me off...  "Well can't YOU run my prescription and tell me now?"

Ring, ring -- it's another call ringing in....

"No, we have to have the prescription to process, otherwise that's considered fraud.  Why don't you call your insurance and ask them?  They can help..."

She hangs up.  <CLICK>

"Hello, pharmacy, please hold..."  Gift card guy put on hold.

"Hello, thank you for calling the pharmacy.  This is CrazyRxMan.  How may I help you?"

"I'd like a refill.  It's number 70993943.  I'll be there in ten minutes..."  <CLICK>

Caller hangs up.  The problem is we're on a thirty minute wait right now and none of our prescriptions have 8 digits nor do they start with a 7.  This will be fun when he shows up.

Back to gift card guy....

"Hello, pharmacy..."

"No one answered at Customer Service.  Can't you call them and ask for me?"

Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring....  it's going to be a LONG day....



No comments: