Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Morning Pharmacy Phun


Guy: Drops off SIX prescriptions.  Two of them are controls.  I love the extra paperwork there.  He starts to walk off and belts out, "I'll be back in ten minutes."  What are you, the Terminator?

Me: "I'm backed up right now.  It's Monday morning.  The tech just went to take a break.  I'll work fast but it will be at least 45 minutes."

Guy: Looks angry.  "I just got my wife out of the hospital!  She's waiting in the car right now.  Can't you step on it, sonny?  Mickey (that's my pharmacy partner) would do it for me."

Me: "Listen, I just had three other people drop off prescriptions.  I saw you waiting in line behind them.  I will do the best I can.  You should probably take your wife home and come back."

Guy: Rolls eyes, walks off.  It's hard not being Mickey.


No comments: