Friday, December 28, 2012

Favorite Phone Call of the Week

I'm at a busy, busy pharmacy. A lady comes by with an insane request... can I give her a week supply of Percocet without an Rx? It will be ok because she's going to bring in the Rx later in the week. I tell her no. She gets mad. I tell her that's just not possible because it is a controlled substance. I tell her I'll be happy to call her MD and get an Rx over the phone for Vicodin or something. "No, no, no!" She storms off.

The next day I'm working all day again. The lady calls, but at this busy pharmacy we get 100 calls a day and I forgot all about the lady and didn't recognize her voice. She asks for the manager because she wants to complain about the "big ugly guy" who wouldn't help her the day before.

In a calm voice I said, "I was here all day yesterday. You're referring to me."

Dead silence. <Click>

In all honesty, I don't think I'm that ugly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

was it Hope?

Hildy said...

I don't think you're ugly either, but then I'm not looking at you through lack-of-percoset-colored lenses.

Officer Cynical said...

But are you big? I found out in a foot pursuit the other day that, I may be small, but I'm slow.

CrownedwithVictory said...

I sort of fancy that you look like your blog banner. And that Dr. Grumpy is grey and hunchback.