I've become jaded. It's the little things that drive me nuts now. When people come to the pharmacy and say, "Here's my prescription, I want to get it filled" it irritates me.
Of course you want to get it filled. Why else would you be here? Do you think I'm so stupid that I don't know that? Did you think if you don't tell me you want it filled that I'm going to use the paper instead of Kleenex or that I'm going to just throw it away?
When people bring prescriptions to the pharmacy, what do they think is the option there? Most people don't even know that yes, there is another possibility... that we could put the prescription on record in our computer and we can fill it later. Yes, that's an option, and yes, some people do drop off prescriptions with the intention of having them placed on hold. But like I said, most people don't know that.
So what is it that these people think we're going to do with these prescriptions if we don't fill them. Here's twenty options:
"Here's my prescription. I want to..."
1. "get it filled."
2. "have you enter it on your computer so I may fill it at a later date."
3. "let you use it as Kleenex then throw it away."
4. "make a paper airplane out of it and sail it around the pharmacy. Weeee!"
5. "roll it up and let's snort some Cocaine."
6. "have you check the spelling on my name."
7. "use the corner to get a piece of food out of my teeth."
8. "use your Origami skills and make me a swan!"
9. "fold it up as a paper football. Let's play!"
10. "use it as kindling to start a fire! It's dang cold in here!"
11. "hide it in the pharmacy and have the techs try and find it."
12. "rub it in your hair to get some static electricity and stick it to the wall."
13. "cut it up and have you use it for Scrap-Booking."
14. "have you keep it with you at all times to remind you of me."
15. "play rock, paper, scissors. Now where's the rock and scissors?"
16. "learn all about how doctors write prescriptions. Can you help me decipher it?"
17. "say goodbye. Bye, little piece of paper. I love you."
18. "have you stop chewing gum. Put your gum here!"
19. "help you clean up something. It's a tiny dust pan!"
20. "test the sharpness of your spatula, RxMan..."