TOP TEN things you didn't know
about your local #Pharmacist.
10. Monday is our busiest day of the week. If you want faster service, AVOID your pharmacy on Monday.
9. Everything runs smoother and faster if you have your PHARMACY prescription card or information. It doesn't work like your dentist's office or ophthalmologist. And no, we don't mean your medical card either.
8. We've heard every excuse there is on the planet as to why you need your prescription filled early. If we decide to fill your medication early, it's really not because your excuse worked.
7. Lunch time is NOT a time to get your prescription filled in a hurry. Everyone else had the same idea as you... run into the pharmacy during lunch time for a quick fill. We always get a rush between 11:30 and 1:30.
6. We know your daughter is most likely getting birth control because she's sexually active... not to "level out" her hormones. Whatever the reason, we really don't care.
5. We don't like being pushy about getting your immunizations. It's pressure from The Authorities that keep us asking you, pestering you, calling you, and nagging you.
4. We look miserable because we ARE miserable. We're miserable because our company is always on our rear to increase the numbers but they won't give us any extra help. And that's just one of 1,000 reasons.
3. We rarely get to finish our lunch. In fact, most times we get maybe a bite or two and that's it. Most retail pharmacies don't have a lunch period for the pharmacist. Most pharmacists work at least one 12 to 14 hour day a week too.
2. We used to have a sense of humor. We really did. Then people happened. Whiny, annoying, ungrateful, miserable people who expect the entire world to take care of them.
And the NUMBER ONE secret you didn't know about your local pharmacist is...
1. We don't know everything!
We get every kind of pharmacy question out there. But we also get asked about medical issues, first aid issues, dental issues, grocery issues, the price of ice cream, milk, bananas, and soda pop. People come to us for help on their taxes, mortgage, algebra questions, history questions, government questions. You name it, we've been asked a question about it like our pharmacy name tag immediately makes us an expert on everything. But the problem is, we don't know everything.