Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Squint of Death

A lady comes in and asks for her medication. I go to will call. There's nothing there.

"It may have been here awhile," she says.

I tell her we don't have anything for her.

"YES YOU DO!" she says, angrily.

I verify her name and date of birth. I verify her address. I look on the computer. The last time Goofmart filled anything for her was two and half years ago, and that was at another location. I tell her that.

"Nope, the doctor called it in HERE," she says.

"Maybe it was called into Flea Circus Drugs down the street, or Wagmart across the street?" I ask her.

"NOPE. I COME HERE ALL THE TIME. DIAL-A-RIDE BRINGS ME."

"I don't have anything here and I don't know what to tell you."

She rolls her eyes. She grabs a business card off the counter and squints at me as she walks away.

I can't wait to see what nonsense she's going to say to Goofmart in her complaint.

No comments: