Thursday, January 30, 2014

YOU Gave her Endocet, not Oxycodone!

A lady with her two daughters approaches the window with a bottle a medication.

"I'm here to exchange these. We were given the wrong medication."

I look at the bottle. It says "Endocet 5/325." I look up the Rx number on the computer and pull the hard copy. The hard copy says "Percocet 5/325." I wanted to make sure we didn't make a mistake. Mistakes seldom happen, but when they do it's because we're overwhelmingly busy and do not have proper technician coverage. Proper technician help is definitely a problem at Goofmart Pharmacy.

"I'm sorry, you can't 'exchange' medication. It looks like you were given the generic for Percocet and,"

She cuts me off, "Last time we were given Oxycodone! This time you gave my daughter Endocet. Endocet don't work" [sic].

I sigh. "Endocet is Oxycodone with Acetaminophen and a generic of Percocet."

The mother looks at me angrily. One daughter whispers something into the ear of the other daughter. I'm sure she's saying something about how handsome I am. Good looks like mine are rare.

Mom says, "Nuh uh. You gave us Endocet instead of Oxycodone. That's YOUR error!"


I go and get the bottle of Endocet off the shelf. I show the mom on her daughter's vial the NDC and show her how it matches to the bottle of Endocet in my hand. Then I show her how it says "Endocet" on the bottle and below that how it says, "Oxycodone and Acetaminophen 5/325."

I get a blank stare. Apparently I am unable to convince the jury.

"Well! All I know is my daughter is still in pain and it's because you gave her Endocet instead of Oxycodone!"

At this point I've had enough. "I didn't fill this prescription. You'll have to come back tomorrow and talk to Mickey the manager. I'm sorry."

She snags the bottle of meds out of my hand and says, "So my daughter has to suffer another night?"

"I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do for you."

Three angry ladies exit, stage left.

The technician on duty comes up to me. "You're going to love this, Crazy..." she says.

"Medicaid, isn't it?"

"Yep," she replies.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good looks like mine are rare❤️

Anonymous said...

They're just pissed that they can't sell them on the streets. Junkies want TRADE, not this generic, bootlegged sh!t.

And if DD is in so much pain, they'll drag her to the ER and nag them for Oxygen.

Steave Roger said...

Reading your post was interesting and relevant to me as I see this drug given for patient's with pain in the ED sometimes. I wonder how chirality of compounds can influence addiction.

Purchase Buy Percocet Online Instant and get Overnight delivery.

Get Discount Upto 60%

BuyLevitraGeneric provides genuine information about any kinds of medicine even provides online options to get the pills. Plus the overnight delivery of a product is quite applauding. Percocet is the brand name of a narcotic pain reliever containing a combination of oxycodone and acetaminophen (Tylenol) that is used to treat moderate to severe pain. The short-term effects of Percocet last approximately 4–6 hours and include pain reduction, sleepiness and—in some people—a pleasant euphoria.