Thursday, December 10, 2015

You Got Me!

Mr. Cream is in a BIG hurry. He's given me three prescriptions to fill and wants me to know that he needs them right away.

"I'm on my way to the airport... headed out of town. Sorry, no time to wait."

At Goofmart Pharmacy we believe people. That's what we do. So we go to work and fill Mr. Cream's prescriptions lickety-split. In a few minutes, he's back at the window to get his meds. And the tech and I are feeling pretty good about the whole thing. We've been able to get Mr. Cream's medications ready in no time at all and he can get to the airport and on his way to his oh so very important business meeting.

Mr. Cream wants to pay for a few things. I tell him sure. It will save him some time not having to go through the check-out at the front of the store again. I start pulling stuff out of the mini basket and ringing them up.

Then I saw it. A half-gallon of rocky road ice cream. Not a little single or double scoop pack. No, this is a huge HALF GALLON of ice cream, enough for several family members or one very hungry ice cream eater.

I hold it in my hand, look at Mr. Cream, and the words came out of my mouth before I could stop myself:

"Didn't you say you were on your way to the airport right now?"

Mr. Cream looks at me, then at the ice cream. Busted.

He laughs, nervously... "Uh, yuk yuk, you got me!"

And people wonder why pharmacists become a miserable bunch...

This blog post originally appeared HERE.

1 comment:

technorantia said...

What you do now is treat the behaviour appropriately. Put the men's on the shelf, put his scrip on the bottom of the pike, and tell Mr Self Important that he can have it when his scrip makes it to the top of the pile, like he's entitled to.