Saturday, April 30, 2016

This Elevates my Blood Pressure

Mrs. Pressure is here again. She's on aisle eight, checking her blood pressure. She does this once a week. Then she will come to me to report her blood pressure.

Then she will ask me if the machine has been calibrated this week. Then she will ask me what I think of her reading and if she needs to take her Metoprolol tonight.

Her blood pressure varies a little bit, but it is never anything to worry about and every time I have to remind her that I don't have anything to do with the blood pressure machine but that it is regularly serviced. I also have to tell her that her medication must be taken daily.

And then I will suggest that she get an inexpensive unit she can have at home and she can check her blood pressure whenever she wants. Then she will tell me no.

Ok, here we go again. Wish me luck.

No comments: