Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Threat of a Written Warning

We have a report that prints every day... a "Will-Call Overage" list showing meds that have been on the shelf ten days. It's a daily list of patients with medications that haven't been picked up.

We keep on it. But while I was gone on vacation some floaters let it go. Today the regional manager "Bug" (as I call His Grace) called to ask what's going on like I was personally responsible for it. 

I said look, I don't know why it wasn't done. I was gone last week and I don't know why it was not kept up. I told him it was probably the floaters that were here that ignored it. Most floaters know to take care of it, but sometimes it gets missed. 

Instead of saying yeah, that makes sense, he dropped a warning that we would ALL be "written up" if it happens again. 

What an asshole!

I swear when these guys get promoted to regional manager they take them into a room and beat them with a two by four until all logic and reasoning is gone from their being. At one time I had thoughts of trying to move into a management position. I have a background in business and an MBA along with my Doctor of Pharmacy and oodles of actual hands-on experience in the real world of business. But there isn't a chance in the world I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid and join this ship of fools.



3 comments:

Tony "Tone" Vega said...

I know exactly what you mean about people who move to management. I've always liked to be union, because of the protection and rights that I have.

Anonymous said...

i would have told him to go right ahead, because i would be disputing it.

getahobby said...

One of these days...bang, zoom, right to the moon!