Monday, May 5, 2014

How Would I Know That?

Ring Ring


"Hello, Goofmart Pharmacy, this is Crazy RxMan, how may I help you?"

<mousey voice> "Hello, this is Twyla. You remember me?"

How could I ever forget this lady. She drives me insane.

"Of course I remember you."

"I have a question for you. I found a pharmacy in Ohio that has a MaxAir inhaler. My doctor called in my prescription there and they're going to send it to me."

"Ok..."

"How are they going to ship it to me?"

"How would I know that?" I reply, as I'm scratching my head.

Is this lady serious?

<mousey laugh> "I don't know."

"I would assume they'll use UPS or FedEx. That's how we do it."

"Ok, thank you." 

<click>

Two hours later

Ring Ring Ring

"Hello, Goofmart Pharmacy, this is Crazy RxMan, how may I help you?"

<mousey voice> "Hello, this is Twyla. You remember me?"

No. I had a brain injury in the past two hours and now I can't remember anything.

"Yes..."

"I called that pharmacy in Ohio. They're going to send it to me regular mail. Is that all right?"

Why is this woman pestering me. Why?

"It's ok with me," I answer, not really knowing why she's asking.

"Ok, I was just wondering. Is it ok to mail medication through the mail?"

"Yes Twyla. A million packages of medications are mailed every day, everywhere, using UPS, FedEx, and the regular post office. Don't worry about it."

"Ok, thank you."

Another hour later

Ring Ring

"Hello, Goofmart Pharmacy, this is Crazy RxMan, how may I help you?"

<mousey voice> "Hello, this is Twyla. You remember me?"

I have no idea what I did to earn this level of Karma reimbursement, but I sincerely apologize.

"Yep. What's up?"


"That pharmacy in Ohio is going to mail my package on Monday. When do you suppose it will be here?"

"I honestly have no idea. Did you call the post office?"

"Oh, that's a good idea. Thank you."

<click>

1 comment:

Mrs_R said...

You have the patience of a saint.

I would have (wanted to) replied with, "Twyla, I'm not sure. Why don't you call the pharmacy in Ohio? They're handling your order."

Unfortunately, in this day and in the name of "good customer service", I think we enable this learned helplessness. I'm certainly not faulting you or anyone else - heck I do it all the time too! But with the idea of stopping at nothing to maintain customer loyalty, doing whatever we can to get the best Press-Ganey or HCAHPS score, we create a population of entitled, enabled individuals who don't even have to try or think for themselves. If we don't do it for them, then they'll roast us on surveys or complain to our managers...and we get written up, reprimanded, or even terminated from our job