Monday, January 12, 2015

Unhappy about Anything, Anywhere? Just Call Us!

We're busy. It gets like that. And when it happens, that's when the most interesting things happen...

<Ring> <Ring>

Al the magic tech answers. I overhear one side of the conversation:

"Thank you for calling Goofmart Pharmacy, where it is not too late to get a flu shot. This is Aladdin the magic tech, how may I help you?"

<pause>

"Well, I know pharmacies do get very busy. Right now we're pretty busy..."

<pause> Al has been cut off.

"Well, I'm sure there is..."

<pause> because he's been cut off again.

"I don't know what I can do...

<pause> cut off again... listens another 30 seconds, then Al hangs up.

Al didn't say "Be Swell." I make a mental note to write him up about that later.

"What on earth was that about?" I ask, having lost five minutes of precious tech time during the phone call. In pharmacist time, five minutes equals a lot of pharmacy work lost to oblivion.

"That was one of our regulars. He's on the other side of town and is getting his prescription filled there. He called us to ask why that the OTHER pharmacy is taking too long."

Al explained more of the phone call: the OTHER pharmacy is not a Goofmart Pharmacy. This guy was upset because he wasn't getting his Rx filled as fast as we do it and called us to complain about that and wanted us to call the OTHER pharmacy and tell them to go faster.


And no, we didn't call the OTHER pharmacy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's way crazy.

Anonymous said...

And you didn't call? Silly you!

PharmacyJim