Let's talk about Mondays.
Monday is NOT the day for you to go to the pharmacy. Monday is not the day for you to request your refill. Monday is not the day for you to come anywhere near the pharmacy? No, we're not "slow" on Monday and busy on the weekends. The opposite is true.
Monday is THE busiest day
of the week for all pharmacies.
1. At most pharmacies there hasn't been a delivery of medication since Friday.
We're going to get a big order on Monday. That takes time to check and get shelved.
2. We have a bunch of partials (prescriptions that we didn't have a full quantity of product and dispensed a few tablets) from the weekend that get filled on Monday after the order arrives.
3. Things we didn't have in stock over the weekend get filled Monday morning after the order arrives.
4. People requested refills from their doctor over the weekend... those requests don't get seen by the doctor until Monday morning and those prescriptions that get approved get sent over to the pharmacy on Monday morning.
5. Few doctors keep weekend hours, and most of those doctors try to see all their patients on Monday morning. That means about 10am they're going to flood the pharmacy with their new prescriptions.
6. Most people start their work week on Monday and one of the first things they do is request refills for all their medications. Oh, they could have done it over the weekend but they were too busy grilling.
7. For some reason people think we're closed on Saturday and Sunday. So they show up on Monday.
So, dear Patient, please stay away from the pharmacy on Monday. Don't call or come by unless you really need to. Call in your refills on Saturday or Sunday. If you just have to see your doctor on Monday, bring your prescription by the pharmacy on Tuesday or later in the week. We're plenty busy at the pharmacy on Monday. We're about a nine on the tension scale Monday morning. Wait times are longer on Monday.
Make your life easier and our life easier:
STAY AWAY FROM THE
PHARMACY ON MONDAY!