Saturday, July 19, 2014

Why Pharmacists NEED Xanax

Ring... ring... ring...

"Thank YOU for calling Goofmart Pharmacy... this is Crazy RxMan... how may I help YOU today?"

"This is Zany XanaxMan. I was told to call you about my getting my Xanax transferred there from your other store by my parents house."

I look on the computer. It was transferred to store 4934 which is five miles west of us. I tell XanaxMan that he can pick up up there since it was transferred there. He's good with that and from what I then understand, on his way to get it.

Ring... ring... ring...

"Thank YOU for calling Goofmart Pharmacy... this is Crazy RxMan... how may I help YOU today?"

"This is Goofmart 8745. I made a boo-boo. I transferred  Zany XanaxMan's Rx to store 4934 when in fact he wanted to get it at your store."

Ok, so I call 4934 to get it straightened out since the patient is on his way. We'll just say it was only transferred ONCE between 8745 and my store to avoid the transfer issues. Besides, it's all Goofmart Pharmacy anyway, one could argue. So I have the med read to pick up...

Ring... ring... ring...

"Thank YOU for calling Goofmart Pharmacy... this is Crazy RxMan... how may I help YOU today?"

"Hi, this is store 4934. The patient was here, I explained it all to him and he's on his way to you."

Thirty minutes pass. Zany RxMan doesn't show up. It's almost time to close, so taking the advice of @LazyRxMan I close two minutes early and leave for the day. I haven't seen a warm body in over 45 minutes. Goofmart can dock me for the two minutes.

The next day... Ring... ring... ring...

"Thank YOU for calling Goofmart Pharmacy... this is Crazy RxMan... how may I help YOU today?"

"This is Goofmart 8745 again. Why did you send Zany RxMan BACK to me?"

I didn't. I tell her to draw the boy a map and send him to me. Twenty minutes later he shows up. After talking to him a good ten minutes, I still have no idea why he needed to transfer the med to begin with, or why he called us, or why 4934 sent him back to 8745. 

The only thing I really know is that I need a Xanax now.



No comments: