Here is a list of the TOP TEN most profitable drugs dispensed at my pharmacy in 2012:
1. Quetiapine 200mg (Seroquel generic)
2. Fluvirin 2012-13 (flu shot)
3. Oxycodone 30mg
4. Zolpidem 10mg (Ambien generic)
5. Fluzone HD 2012-13 (high dose flu shot)
6. Endocet 10/325mg (Percocet generic)
7. Oxycontin 40mg
8. Azithromycin 250mg Z-Pack
9. Oxycodone/APAP 5/325mg (Percocet generic)
10. Montelukast 10mg (Singulair generic)
And thus you see WHY retail pharmacy is CRAZY for flu shots! Corporate will pay BIG MONEY to refurbish/expand the retail pharmacy for flu shots but ironically won't fork over more tech hours so we can deliver seamless service to other pharmacy patrons.
OMG!! You have oxy 30? Please publish your location and quantity in stock so I can send some special customers your way. No thank you needed.
Is this being worked out as taking the cost price from the retail/reimbursment price? Doubt the flu shots are as profitable when the far longer it can take to give them is taken in to account.
Post a Comment