Saturday, February 9, 2013

Favorite Question of the Week

As I'm limping out of the front of the store, 15 minutes past closing, bundled up in my warm jacket, deliriously happy to be out of that mad house, a man walking in, recognizing me as "the other pharmacist" (I'm not Mickey, you see) says, "Oh, is the pharmacy closed?"

We have closed at the same time for at least ten years, maybe longer. It's on the door, the pharmacy labels, the bags, our business cards, everywhere.

"I'm sorry, we're closed. Mickey will be here tomorrow morning."

But I wanted to say, "No, the night shift is a little late. Just go on back and wait for them..."


2 comments:

Pharmaciststeve said...

There was a story that was told to me - when I was either a student or young RPh in this small town... about one of the indy's in town.. this is when pharmacies closed Wednesday afternoons.. like most doc's offices.
Seems the Rph/owner was just locking the from door for his afternoon off.. this store had a small outside vestibule.. as the RPH started to step off the vestibule.. he saw what he thought was a pt walking toward the store.. he quickly turned around... grabbed the door handle and started "shaking the door".. as the person got closer.. reportedly the RPH turned and said... that SOB is already closed... and strolled away...

Crazy RxMan said...

I'll try that one sometime, Steve.