Monday, November 5, 2012

Come see the BEARDED WOMAN

So this guy comes up to my drop off window, looks me straight in the eye, hands me a $30 coupon for a gift card for transferring a prescription from another pharmacy, and says, "I have refilled prescriptions on your shelf ready to pick up now, but I have this $30 coupon.  If you don't give me the $30 gift card, I'll just have my prescriptions transferred to your competitor across the street."  I was flabbergasted.  Yes, that's actually a word, and no it doesn't adequately express my utter surprise, shock, and dismay.  I just couldn't believe it.  This guy wanted me to just hand him a $30 gift card for him NOT to transfer his prescriptions out of our pharmacy.  

I told him that I would be happy to transfer another prescription to our pharmacy but he wasn't interested in that.  He was only interested in trying to extort money out of us to keep his business here.  Instead of providing a valuable professional service for medical patients, we've become carnival barkers begging for business.  Come on down to the pharmacy, get your free $30 gift card and SEE the BEARDED WOMAN.  




Is this REALLY the kind of clientele we want at our pharmacy?  Is it really?


Post script...  the guy mentioned above transferred all three of his prescriptions across the street the next day.  No worries... he'll be back when another $30 coupon prints and we can reward him once again for his overwhelming loyalty to our pharmacy...

No comments: