Saturday, November 3, 2018

Vital Information Needed

Ring, ring, ring a ding...

"Goofmart Pharmacy, home of the flu shot coupon worth 10% off your grocery purchase, how may I help you today?"

“I would like to call in a prescription.”

"What’s the patient name?"

“Yes, it’s for a patient. I am a doctor.”

This begs so many questions, but I'm not in the mood, so I let it go.

"Good. What’s the patient’s name?"

“It’s for a Zithromax Z Pack. Take as directed. “

"Ok. What is the patient name?"

“My name is Dr. Radiologist. My office number is blah blah blah and my phone number is blah. My NPI is yadda yadda. Are we good?”

"Yes. After you tell me THE PATIENT NAME AND 
BIRTHDATE."

“Why are you angry? Got the flu?” *laughs nervously. 

"You don’t do this very often, do you?"

“What do you mean?”

"Call in prescriptions. We need the NAME and birthdate of the patient to identify the patient and print a label with their name on it."

“Oh.” 

2 comments:

was1 said...

the patient is mrs. radiologist.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn’t be surprised if the patient called the pharmacy about 3 minutes after you got off the phone with the doctor and asked:

“Dr. Radiologist was supposed to call in a new prescription for me. Is it ready yet?”

All you can do is internally sigh as you wait for your chance to ask for the patient’s name and date of birth. Just another day in retail pharmacy...