Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reasons WHY Your Pharmacist HATES You


You come in on Monday morning, the busiest pharmacy day of the week, hand me an empty bottle, and tell me you'll be back in five minutes. I hate you.

You hand me four prescriptions. I tell you twenty minutes. You're back in five minutes. I hate you.



You're mad at me because we put your medication back to stock after it sat on the shelf nine days. I hate you.

You're on your cell phone at the pharmacy. I hate you.

You don't have your insurance information and you look at me like it is my fault. I hate you.

You're mad at ME because YOUR co-pay went up. I hate you.

You expect me to put in your club card for you. I hate you.


You want an early refill on your narcotics. I hate you.

You're mad at ME because YOUR doctor has not approved your refill request. I hate you.

You're a doctor or doctor's representative and you're calling in ten prescriptions over the phone. I hate you.

The doctor didn't tell you that discount cards do not work with Medicare and you're mad at me. I hate you.

I told you I would call you when we received your refill request, but you keep calling every 30 minutes. I hate you.


You call the pharmacy and pretend we're a switchboard to connect you to other departments. I hate you.

You left gifts for the other pharmacist during the holidays despite the fact I've bent over backwards to help you. I hate you.

You consider it "bad service" when I don't give you whatever you want because of store policy or the law. I hate you.

You ask us to "fax the doctor again" on your refill request. WE hate YOU.

You tell me you don't want a flu shot because it will give you the flu. I hate you.

You ask for some stupid medication that hasn't been around since 1923 and act like I'm the idiot for not having it. I hate you.


You threaten to make a complaint simply to coerce me into giving you what you want. I hate you.

You ask me to "make a copy" of your prescription and give you back the original. Ha. I hate you.

We tell you it will be 20 minutes to process your prescription, You beg and plead for 10 minutes. Then you don't show up for four hours. I hate you.

You call me "honey." I'm not your "honey." I hate you.

You call 10 minutes before closing and ask me to stay late, then you don't show up. I hate you.

You fill out all the questions on the vaccine consent and release form AFTER I told you three times just to answer questions 1-8. I hate you.

You bring me letters from your healthcare provider and ask me to "figure it out" for you. I hate you.


You ask me to type in your Rx but not fill it so you can transfer it to another location and pick it up later. I hate you.

You bring me a an Rx with a future date on it. I hate you, and your stupid law-breaking doctor.

You bring me an Rx without a signature or other important information missing. I hate you, and your stupid doctor.

You get mad at me because I won't fill your Rx because it is missing information. I hate you.

You complain because your co-pay went up like I caused it. I hate you.


You ask me to call your insurance because your co-pay went up. I hate you.

You ask me to call your MD because he/she hasn't sent over your prescription yet. I hate you.

You treat me like I've been lounging around all day just because I was eating my lunch right when you came in. I hate you.





3 comments:

CrownedwithVictory said...

But...that's everybody! ;)

Officer Cynical said...

You drive 10 mph below the speed limit because my squad car is behind you. I hate you.

pharmaciststeve said...

You fax a doc office for refill authorization and they CALL YOU BACK to give you a OK.. it's called documentation and a paper trail.