Thursday, November 21, 2013

Watch What You Say

Monday morning. Ugh.

Hey people, you can get your prescriptions filled on the weekend. We're actually open. You DON'T need to wait until Monday morning to request your refills.

That didn't stop them, though. I've opened the pharmacy and I haven't even had a chance to go through the Auto Refill list because I'm busy with phoned-in refills and new prescriptions. I'm getting frustrated because people keep calling or coming to the counter which prevents me from processing the Auto Refill for the day.

At one point I have 16 left in the queue. I'm getting close. I process another one and clear the screen. Then the queue info pops up again, "You have 20 prescriptions waiting in queue."

What? I think. WHAT? I look down, frustrated, and in very loud voice, I say: 

"It's GETTING BIGGER!"

I look up to see two young ladies, mid twenties. One is staring at me with a smirk. The other one is whispering something in her ear. They both laugh and walk off.

Add that phrase to your list of things you DON'T want to say in the pharmacy.




No comments: