Friday, August 2, 2013

Free Blood Pressure Machine, part 2

Man, short, in his early 60s with a heavy German accent walks up to the tech and starts pointing at our FREE blood pressure machine.

"Your machine over 'dere... it's a bunch of crap."

We get people who use it all the time and are not happy with their results. We're used to that.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"It asks me how old I am BUT wants my birth date!"

The tech looks at me, then we both look back to the patient.

"What KIND of CRAP is that?" He shakes his head. "It's made in America!" More head shaking. He storms off.

The tech and I look at each other. Not a word is said. She goes back to typing another prescription and I continue counting a C2.

Later, I go sit at the blood pressure machine. After a couple of screens I get to the blood pressure screening portion of the ride. The lady on the screen says to me, "Please enter your age."

There on the screen are boxes to type in your birth date. Apparently the programmer, that dirty bastard from America, thought that "age" meant "birth date," thus upsetting all Germans everywhere.

American-made piece-o-crap!

No wonder we can't compete on a global level.

1 comment:

Officer Cynical said...

NSA now correlating BP to DOB. Is nothing sacred?