Saturday, July 29, 2017

The Celexa Emergency

3:31pm -- phone rings

"Thank you for calling Goofmart Pharmacy, how may I help you today?"

"My name is Becky. A prescription should have been called in for my mother Itaka Celexson.  She's at Oakdale Old Farts home. Someone will be by to get it right away."

"Well nothing has been called in...."

<click>

3:32pm -- phone rings

"Thank you for calling Goofmart Pharmacy, how may I help you today?"

"This is Dr. IM Workingsaturday. I have a new prescription for one of my patients at Oakdale."

<New Prescription for Celexa follows... patient has never had based on the titration schedule given to me>

3:34pm -- phone rings

I'm still taking the new prescription info. I'm alone; I can't answer the phone.

3:35pm -- phone rings

"Thank you for calling Goofmart Pharmacy, how may I help you today?"

"This is nurse Ratched with Oakdale. You should have received a new script for Mrs. Celexson."

"Yes, I'll have it ready shortly."

"Someone will be there to get it right away.

3:37pm -- No, I'm not kidding... someone is at the window.

"Hello, I'm here from Oakdale Old Farts home. Is a prescription ready for Mrs. Celexson?"

I hope ALL of these people don't think Celexa is a rescue medication, or else they're in for a big shock today about 3:40pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Old people don't have long to live...they need their $h!t right away. When I worked retail they were some of the most impatient patients there were. I'm almost that old and I can't wait for my turn to be an annoying prick too.

Anonymous said...

Just imagine how much more we could get done and how many fewer mistakes we would make if we didn't get bombarded with five interruptions or requests for each and every prescription....