Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Floater Tech without a Brain

Monday morning a floater tech called about 10am and said “I heard you need an extra tech today.” 

"Yes, yes, YES," I reply. Our pleas have been heard. The sun shines through the clouds as the new gods and old gods of Westeros grace us with deliverance.

10:20

We’re in chaos and she shows up, BUT doesn’t want to stay.

“You’re using the old software. I’m only trained on the new software.”

I told her I’ll handle the computer. "I need you to fill."

“But I don’t know what to do.”

Really? Did she really just say that? What does filling prescriptions have to do with the software that printed the labels? I'm literally STUNNED.

I show her how to scan the label, then the product.

Then you fill it. It’s not complicated.

“But corporate doesn’t want techs trained on the new software to work at stores with the old software.”

I shook my head and told her to get the hell out.

There's stupid people, and then there's really stupid people. And then there's people that make those two categories look incredibly intelligent. 

This princess made them all look like Einstein.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she just didn't want to work at your store that day! Looking for any excuse not to.

Anonymous said...

AND she will expect to be paid for the whole day!

sfachine said...

She could have answered the phone, put up the order or something.