Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Try this at your Restaurant

"That was one delicious meal. Please give my compliments to the chef," I said to the waitress.

She thanked me for the patronage and handed me the bill.

"What's this for?" I ask.

Stunned, she says "That's your bill."

"Oh, it's covered by my Visa," I said.

"Well..." she says, rolling her eyes, "we're going to need to SEE your Visa card."

"I don't have it with me. Just look it up on the computer or call Visa. They can give you my information. Besides, it's the same as last time I was here."

And yet, if this was actually a true story, you'd scoff at the insanity of it all.

BUT this is an every day occurrence in the pharmacy. EVERY SINGLE DAY. People come in with a prescription and do not have their prescription card. Some people can't even tell you what the name of the company is that handles their prescription insurance. Others have a card two or three years old. And no matter how busy you are they expect you to just magically make it appear.

It doesn't work that way in pharmacy, people.

No comments: