Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pharmacist Revenge!

Ring... ring...

"Thank you for calling Goofmart Pharmacy, where a flu shot saves you 10% on your grocery lot. This is Crazy RxMan, how may I help you be well today?"

"Hello, this Jane. Your computer called me, but I don't know what I have to pick up?"

We get calls like this, every stinking day, about ten of them, from people who get medications all the time. Just come down and get it. WHY do you need to know what's there exactly?

"We have Lisinopril for you, Ambien for your husband, and a ProAir for your son."

Ring... ring... the phone is ringing again. The techs are busy helping people.

"Oh, that's right! I remember now. We don't have any that are $150 this time, do we? We can't afford another $150 co-pay."

Ring... ring...

"No, they're all $15 co-pays. You know, you don't need to call. If you don't pick something up, we return it to stock after ten days. No big deal."

Ring... ring...

"Oh, that's right! You told me that last time too."

She hangs up. A little while later her son comes in to pick up all the medications. I ask him if he wants to play a joke on his mother with me. He agrees. She must irritate him too. I tell him when he gets home to tell her mom that one of the medications was $150 and that the Crazy RxMan pharmacist told him he HAD to get the medication, so he did. He laughs and agrees to do it.

About an hour later...

Ring... ring...

"Crazy! This is Jane! What, why, uh, what's going on? Why is this medication $150?! She's perturbed."

I laugh and tell her we pranked her. I can hear her son laughing in the background.

Pharmacist: 1
Annoying patient: 0

Revenge!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, about the patient calling to find out what medication had been filled...I've done that. Recently! Pharmacy called and said my order was ready. I hadn't even been to a doctor in a long time. I called to find out what was going on and I was told my doctor, who I hadn't seen in a year, had called in a script for me that I hadn't taken in 2 years. Yeah. I didn't pick it up.

Murphy said...

I feel like thats just going to make her more paranoid and confused and annoying in the future.

Crazy RxMan said...

No, after she found out about the joke she laughed too. She even apologized for being so annoying earlier.

Anonymous said...

Wait this didn't really happen. You could get fired for something like that so easy. I thought it wasn't funny.

Crazy RxMan said...

Nope. True story. And everyone laughed, including the mom we pranked.