Saturday, November 15, 2014

Dumber and Dumber

The new sequel to Dumb and Dumber (1994) came out yesterday, showing that Hollywood truly has run out of ideas.

True Story:

In 1995, some friends came to stay with my family for a week. One Friday evening they said we should rent a movie and watch it. I said sure, you pick the movie, I'll bring it home from Blockbuster. Their choice? Dumb and Dumber.

So we watched the movie. No one laughed. We all just sat there, appalled at the tripe presented to us. I don't even think we finished the movie it was that bad. The next morning our friends left early before we even got up for the day. On top the VCR was the tape we watched the night before, along with a $5 bill and a note that merely said, "Sorry."

Our friends felt so bad for recommending the movie they felt like they should pay me back for renting it. Now how's that for evidence of a bad movie?

And New Line Cinema made another one? Really?

No comments: