Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Incident at the Refrigerator

It's Monday. There's no tech.

If you're a pharmacist or pharmacy technician... well, you know I was, therefore, already having a bad day.

I'm racing around trying to get the order put away. I have a handful of medications to stick in the refrigerator. I have the door open when I hear a lady tapping on the counter way at the other end of the pharmacy. I look up over the door of the fridge.

"I'll be right there," I say, politely.

I continue putting stuff away. Within ten seconds I hear her tap on the counter again. I look up.

"I'm going to leave this right here," she says.

We just had a review on all the catastrophic results of identity theft and HIPAA compliance.

"No, don't do that," I belt out. "I'll be right there."

I finish my task. Maybe 30 seconds has passed since I first started putting stuff away. I look up. She's gone.

Five minutes later she's back at the drop off window, tapping on the counter. I rush over and she's left her Medicare and Medicaid cards on the counter.

"Where's your prescription?" I ask... worried that she left it there anyway and now it's gone.

"I don't have a prescription. I'm here to pick one up."

"You're at the drop off window. Come down to the PICK UP window where we dispense the medications."

"Pick up or drop off," she says, "What does it matter? And I don't like your attitude at all. You always make me wait. I'm telling your manager."

And that's how it rolls in Snootyville. I think I'll just have a new name tag made that says "Crazy Always in Trouble RxMan."

1 comment:

RickT said...

Too bad you don't have a policy of shredding 'lost or abandoned ID cards' to prevent ID Theft....