Saturday, September 17, 2016

Medicare Declares All Pharmacies to have Super Powers

"Hello, my husband's insurance company said you could tell us if his insurance works," she said.

"Do you have a prescription?" I ask.

"No. We just want to know if it works," she says, slightly squinting her eyes. Her husband is silent.

"Well, let me see what you have."

She hands me this:




"Ok.... uh, I need a little bit more than this," I say.

"The lady I talked to at Medicare said this is all I need and that the pharmacy could tell me if it works."

"Does your husband want a flu shot?" I ask.

"No. We just want to know if it works," she says. Her husband has completely turned around and is looking at the display of Red Vines for sale on an end cap.

"I don't know what to tell you. I need more information than this and..."

Lady storms off down aisle eight, leaving the scribbled numbers on the counter. She steps quickly for an old dodger, I think to myself. She says nothing to her husband, who sees her leave and then follows.

Another satisfied customer at Goofmart Pharmacy. 



2 comments:

tbunni said...

OK, so missing digits plus alpha suffix for Medicare, Medicaid is alpha-numeric (at least in Oregon), but Crazy, why don't you instantly recognize that this is Major BS Insurance, and it not only pays for all prescriptions without even being asked, it supports these people in wealth and luxury for the rest of their natural lives? Sheesh!

Crazy RxMan said...

I recognized that there was nothing I could do with the miniscule amount of information provided to me, and without something to go on, there was nothing I could do. Unfortunately, for some people, that's just not enough.