Monday, August 6, 2018

Listening

Guy calls to ask for a transfer.

I do the transfer. But we don't have a full quantity.

I call to leave him a message: "Hey, this is Crazy at Goofmart. I did the transfer but we don't have a full quantity in stock. If you want to stop by I can give you a partial, otherwise I'll have the full quantity tomorrow at 1:30. Thanks."

Guy calls. "I heard your voicemail."

Me: "Ok."

<long pause>

<an even longer pause>

Me: "I did the transfer but we don't have a full quantity in stock. If you want to stop by I can give you a partial, otherwise I'll have the full quantity tomorrow at 1:30."

Guy: "So you don't have a full quantity?"

At this point he's heard that part twice. Once by the voicemail he listened to and now again.

Me: "No."

Guy: "And I can come by and get some now and the rest tomorrow?"

Me: "Yes. I'll have it ready at 11:30."

Guy: "So what time tomorrow?"

Me: "11:30."

Guy: "And I can come by now and get some until tomorrow?"

Me: "Yes." 

I honestly don't know what's wrong with people. I really don't. I just know that when people don't listen to me I genuinely want to club them in the skull.




No comments: